This rich velvety Porridge is full of good energy fibre and protein , I created this mix for my husband as a early morning pre golf boost- he just pops 50g in the microwave for two minutes and slices of banana on the top and if you like a little sweetness add a spoonful of honey or maple.
I’ ve kept it unadulterated – no seeds , nuts or fruit- ‘ none of that stuff’ is the request from my muse! ;0)
Adding milk will up the protein level further as will a handful or nuts or seeds sprinkled on the top, or a spoon of greek yoghurt .
This versatile mix could also be used as for overnight oats and when combined with a low fat greek yoghurt , again its protein rating goes up even further.
Personally I love a spoonful of nut butter 🙂
And back to the golf …he says it keeps him full all the way round and stops him straying to the Bacon Sandwich stand! 🙂
Organic Oats, Oat Fibre Organic Whey Protein Powder, Pysllium Husk , Milled Flaxseed, Chicory Root Fibre
- Oat Fibre is the ground hull of the oat – it is very rich in insoluble fibre , which helps regulate digestive health and regulate blood sugars.
- Whey protein
- Psyllium Husk is a lovely natural product that ups the soluble fibre
- Milled flax- Great Nutritional addition- pretty flavour free and just full of omega 3s and is know to help digestive health
- Chicory Root Fibre supports digestive health and helps maintain a healthy balance of gut microbiota
- 0 added sugar
- 9g of fibre per serving – a third of your daily need
Nutritional Values (of porridge mix before adding milk)
Per 50g Serving – 180 kcal Carbohydrates 11 g (of which sugars 0.0g ) Fats 0.5g( of which saturated 0 g ) Protein 12 g Fibre 8 g
500G = 10 Breakfast
Allergens- Gluten, Dairy